A little over a week ago my good friend and fellow artist/blogger, Stacie Spencer of Staciejewelry surprised me with this Sunshine Award! This post is coming way too late… but i wanted to pass it along to others who have blogs that inspire me with their positive messages and art!
Here are the rules:
- Include the award logo in a post or on your blog.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself and write 10 more for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
Here are the questions for me to answer 🙂
What is your favorite novel?
- My favorite novel of all times in actually a Memoir by Jeanette Walls – The Glass Castle. It makes me feel that my family wasn’t the only super crazy one growing up! And i got some good laughs while reading it.
- If you could spend a day anyway that you would like, what would you do?
I’d like to spend one whole day with my girls experiencing Oktoberfest in Munich.. Otherwise I pretty much spend a lot of days doing what i love to do… and that’s creating new art!
- If you could travel to any place, where would you go?
Europe in general & If I could speak Korean more fluently I’d love to go to Korea, but I need to much improve my language skills to be able to get around there!
- What is the chore that you put off most?
LOL. The one chore I really dislike doing is washing sheets. It’s more because I hate putting those duvet covers back on. They are such a pain! So I probably do those only once a month. Which reminds me… it’s time to do that again!
- Who is your favorite artist?
My Favorite artist… that’s tough. I really love Tim Holtz. I also recently got to know someone who makes beautiful bird themed mobiles with wire and clay – Melissa Rocklen. Her art is beautiful! I wish she had a blog, I’d nominate her!
- If you were an ice cream flavor, what would you be?
I’d be vanilla. I know that sounds really plain. But I like new white canvasses that are ready to transform using whatever colors and media you want at that time. Vanilla is a lot like that. It’s great dressed up with whatever toppings you feel like having – However much or little you are int he mood for.
- What is your favorite song?
Sweet Silver Lining by Kate Voegele. I listen to it a lot when I need encouragement.
- Do you have any pets?
We have a budgie : Watson. and we are still working on hand training him… not an easy task.
- What is the nicest thing a friend did for you?
After living in Maryland for 15 years, we recently moved here to Massachusetts. When I was leaving my 3 best friends made me a basket of 30 gifts that I could open one a day for a month. I treasured each of those moments knowing that my friends were thinking of me each time they wrapped a gift for me.
- If you won a million dollars, what would you do?
First I’d jump for joy. I’d set aside some for the kids and pay off my parents house and farm. I’d like to sponsor a program for teens making good choices and really offering awareness/support for that age group. Recently our community lost two teen girls who were hurting so much and made ultimate decisions regarding their lives. I was sad that they felt so desperate.
Ok. Time to nominate some bloggers!!
9. Random Rose
Here are my questions:
1. What is your favorite (art) supply to use?
2. What hobbies, other than art related, do you enjoy?
3. What is your favorite food or recipe?
4. What is your favorite movie of television show?
5. What is your favorite quote?
6. Where do you live and what do you love most about it?
7. Where is your perfect vacation spot?
8. Are you a morning or night person?
9. Coffee or tea (or something else)?
10. What is your favorite sound?
Thank you so much, Stacie, for nominating me. I love reading your inspiring blog every week as well!!
Hope everyone has a great week!!!