Wow! Last week I was nomintated this ‘Very Inspiring Blogger’ award by my dear friend Stacie. I am honored to receive it… and surprised… I honestly don’t think I am a great blogger… I have read many others that are entirely captivating and fun to read… much like Stacie’s!
Stacie lives in New Market, MD and she is an amazing jewelry designer – She even made the front page of the local paper featuring Etsy sellers. I have watched her for many many hours making her silver and I can attest that she puts forth a lot of effort and thought in each piece. You can check out her site here!
I have never done anything like this before, so I hope I pass this along correctly!
Here are the rules:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
7 Things about myself:
1. After living in Maryland for 16 yrs, we just picked up and relocated to Plymouth, MA. We didn’t have any family or friends here… our little family of four took a leap of faith. Thus far, we love it and are making some new friends.
2. Time after time I keep being pulled back to the art world. Although I am working for other and very different directions, art is the constant tie that keep me sane. I love to create things with my own hands and feel that a handmade, thoughtful gift or kind gesture can change a person’s life – or at least make them smile for the moment. On a similar note: When I am out and about and I see items for sale or that I like, I am constantly noting in my head, “I need to make that”. Step by step projects come alive in my head before I can even get home!
3. I have two wonderful daughters and a generous husband that I don’t deserve.
4. There is a constant after dinner battle going on inside of me… ‘to dessert or not to dessert’… generally ‘to’ wins every time. Ice cream and baked anythings are my vices. It wasn’t always like this… before kids, I never even craved the sweets!
5. One day, when the time is right, I will volunteer to help out a place in need. Whether it be a impoverished country or a neighborhood in the US… It is my hope to help others. In the meanwhile, I want to explore things I can do right here in my own world… I will never forget how fortunate I am and there is never a time where I can’t give something.
6. I love to cook. I love how my family loves what I make. (most of the time …~ there have been some misses).
7. I am an avid online shopper. From art supplies to clothes… kitchen tools to candles… There’s nothing you can’t get online! Additionally, I am a coupon fanatic. You can get me with a coupon… sad, but true.
15 Bloggers that Inspire Me!
3. Alma Stoller
9. Rita Summers
11. Time with Tascha
12. Amy Powers
14. Kerri Jean
15. Melissa Hoopes
I’m sorry this took so long to post. I had family visiting here in marathon style for the last two weeks and I wasn’t able to sneak away for myself. I do have some news regarding the opening of my new Etsy store, Emily’s NOW OPEN Etsy store – SEVENBLUE, and more.
Getting back to schedule next week… just in time for a week visit from my bro next wkend! Should be much much fun!
See you back soon and Thanks again to Stacie for nominating me. Congrats to the newest nominees! I love all your blogs… Wish there were more hours in a day to explore the www!